Our client, an asset management and investment group, is looking for a general accountant H / F in London.
Role and mission
The Senior Accountant will report to the Head of Accounting, Asset Management based in Paris.
He will be managing the accounting of 3 UK entities. She/He will provide assistance to the UK staff and liaising with their Group Accounting team based in Paris and the UK external accounting firm. She/he will participate to the implementation of the ERP Oracle.
Accounts Payable role:
Daily Management of invoices and payments (Accounts Payable)
- Invoices booking / validation process
- Prepare payment batches in connection with the Treasury department
- Monthly reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
General Accounting role:
Participate and review quarterly reporting packages for 3 UK entities in connection with their External Accounting firm:
- Manual journal entries to book in connection with the Controlling team (Accruals etc…)
- Work closely with their External Accounting to ensure the package is accurate before submission to the Group
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Adhoc duties and queries: clearing queries, write offs, FX queries etc…
- Deal with the Company Auditors :
- Provide them with the requested documentation
- Answering their questions
- Review of the financial statement produced by the External Accounting before submission to the group
Tax coordination role:
- Review VAT submission for the UK entities prepared by their External Accounting firm (possibility to insource this task)
- Assist with any queries from administration and the collation of data for relevant reports.
- Preparation of various payments to Tax Authorities
- Liaise with the External Accounting firm for the Corporation Income Tax
Process & Accounting system evolution:
- Participate in the implementation of their new accounting system (ERP Oracle) in the UK
- Optimisation of internal processes
With a background in accounting, you have at least 4 years of experience in a similar position ideally in the field of capital markets and asset management. You are fluent in Excel and have extensive knowledge of UK GAAP standards.
You know how to consolidate relations and have a real ability to adapt in a changing environment. Independent and multi-skilled, you have self-control and already worked within an international environment. Relational ease is essential in this very dynamic and complex environment. You have excellent communication skills (verbal, written, listening) and is used to interact with different offices and contributors. Hands on » professional experience required.
You have the Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
To speack French is a plus as well as having a knowledge of IFRS Gaap.